How Do You Use Hit The Deck for Best Results?
- Make sure your deck is dry and choose a cool time to avoid evaporation of product. If your deck is huge – do in smaller sections.
Use a garden sprayer to apply Hit The Deck to your DRY deck surface as per instructions. Leave it on the surface for about 30 mins. Do not let it dry out.
- Scrub the surface with one of our specialized, hard, short bristled, brooms.
- Hose off as you go and watch the surface contamination peel off. Job complete!
- Using our ‘Hit The Deck’ short, hard bristled broom is your secret weapon to remove surface contamination easily.
Why is Hit The Deck Beneficial to Use?
What Does Hit The Deck Do?
How Does Hit The Deck Work?
How Safe is Hit The Deck?
Do You Have Other Products for Cleaning Decks?
Option 1: Hit The Deck is for an instant clean up for those really BLACKENED, WEATHERED decks or timber surfaces. It's suitable for both softwoods & hardwoods.
It is specifically designed for those really blackened decks where the contamination is harder to remove and where you want a more instant result to get rid of decks spoilt with moss, algae, mould and lichen. Crucial to success is to use our deck scrub brush.
Option 2: If your deck just needs a general maintenance spray and the contamination is not too bad, then either Wet & Forget or Rapid Application are the safest, easiest and most effective products to achieve great results. After you have sprayed the surface with either product you can sit back and let Mother Nature to do the cleaning for you – this can take some time depending on the level of contamination and the amount of rain that you get will help wash the decomposing debris away.
If the contamination is green it will clean up fairly quickly but if it is black and heavily contaminated, Option 1 gives a quicker solution
How to Remove Moss, Algae, Mould and Lichen from your Decks?
Be Careful – use common sense
- If you have plants nearby that may get sprayed, cover them with plastic or newspaper or even wet them down with water.
- Keep pets off of the deck until the Wet & Forget or Rapid Application has dried.
- Pick a day when your deck will have at least 4 to 5 hours to dry before any chance of rain.
- Make sure the deck area that you are going to spray is as dry as possible.
- With Wet & Forget you mix a solution of 1 part Wet & Forget to 5 parts water in your garden sprayer and thoroughly saturate the affected area with it.
- No rain for 5 hours.
- With Rapid Application has, just plug your hose on to the hose end on the bottle. Turn to “ON” and off you spray. No mess and no mixing!