How do I use the boat and trailer wash?
- Simply plug your hose onto the Reach Nozzle of the Salt Shaker, Boat and Trailer Wash
- Spray both boat and trailer with either the jet or spray setting.
- Leave for 10 minutes
- To finish, turn the Reach Nozzle to WATER only and then wash down.
Reapply to trailer ONLY (springs, brakes &chassis) to help prevent corrosion
How do I use Salt Shaker Boat & Trailer Wash to flush an outboard motor?
- For engines up to 100Hp pour 50mls of Salt Shaker Boat & Trailer Wash into any recognised brand engine muffs or dispensing bowl. Engines between 100-300Hp use 80-100mls of Salt Shaker Boat & Trailer Wash.
- Connect the muffs to the engine and have water supply turned on full. Start the engine to allow the water and Salt Shaker Boat & Trailer Wash to flow through the motor. Foam will be seen coming from the exhaust.
- Only allow the motor to run for no more than 60 seconds or so. Otherwise all the Salt Shaker Boat & Trailer Wash will be flushed out of the engine. The object is to leave Salt Shaker Boat & Trailer Wash inside the cooling system. This will help dissolve any salt build up and also leave a protective layer of the product on the internal componentry.
- Make sure you always follow the engine manufacturer’s flushing instructions.