2 great options for DIY Kiwis - Save money and time!
Wet & Forget® 5L Concentrate or Rapid Application®
Will not damage your roof in any way. These 2 products are non acidic, non-caustic and contain no bleach!
Safe on all roof surfaces such as: Decramastic, Clay tile, Concrete tile, Super 6, Fibrolite, Colour steel, Zincalume (iron roof) polycarbonate
You cannot use regular Wet & Forget® 5L (blue) with the Rapid Application® Reach Nozzle. It will NOT work!
- The active ingredients are the same but the dilutions are different.
- Coverage of 100-300m2 is exactly the same for both products.
- Common coverage is about 100-150m2 as it is most commonly used on ‘absorbent’ porous surfaces (rather than painted non -porous surfaces.)
- Total saturation of the surface with this product is essential in order to obtain a good kill of the fungi, algae, lichen, moss & algae which
infests these surfaces.
- Make sure the surface is dry in order to get the best penetration of the growth with the least amount of evaporation.
- If the surface is particularly bad, another application approximately one month from the first application.
- Then allow the surface to weather naturally and nature will take its course. The growth decomposes while the rain gently removes them
from the surface over time.
- After 1st application use as a maintenance tool. Only re-apply at the first sign of regrowth.
How To Remove Lichen on Roofs
Use either Wet & Forget® 5L Concentrate or Rapid Application® (using the new Reach Nozzle)
- Visually, section your roof off into areas.
- Spot spray the lichen within each section.
- Leave for 15-20 mins (while it is still damp)
- Then respray the lichen and the entire roof area of that particular section to ensure the plant absorbs the Wet & Forget thoroughly.
- The first application is to dissolve the waxy surface. The 2nd spray will then penetrate into the roots.
If you are on Tank Water
- Disconnect the water supply to your tank for at least 2-3 weeks to avoid any chance of contamination
- You need 36ml of rain or 6 good downpours before you reconnect
- Check before reconnecting that the water is NOT foaming.