How to Remove Moss or Black Fungi off Glazed Clay Roof Tiles:
When you use either 'Wet & Forget' or 'Rapid Application'
For The Best Results to Clean Your Glazed Clay Roof Tiles:
for Moss Removal / Black Fungi Removal
- Apply to a cool roof surface, preferably on an overcast day. This will keep the roof surface wet with the solution for longer. The solution also helps to loosen the grip of the shallow moss roots.
- Make sure the surface is dry in order to get the best penetration of the growth with the least amount of evaporation.
- Total saturation of the surface with this product is essential in order to obtain a good kill of the fungi, algae, lichen, moss & algae which infests these surfaces.
- If the surface is particularly bad, do another application approximately one month from the first application.
- Then allow the surface to weather naturally and nature will take its course. The growth decomposes while the rain gently removes it from the surface over time. Let Mother Nature do her thing!
- After 1st application use as a maintenance tool.
Only re-apply at the first sign of regrowth. Lichen Removal (See Below)
How to Clean Your Glazed Clay Roof Tiles Using 'Rapid Application'
- Attach your hose, turn to ON and off you go!
- No mixing! No measuring! No mess!
- Choose a cool, dry day to apply it.
- Saturate the DRY surface you are cleaning with the Rapid Application.
NO rain for the first 5 hours - Then, just watch it come cleaner - bit by bit.
How to Clean Your Glazed Clay Roof Tiles Using 'Wet & Forget'
- Mix it up 1 to 5 in your garden sprayer. Choose a cool, dry day to apply it.
- Saturate the DRY surface you are cleaning with the Wet & Forget.
- NO rain for the first 5 hours - Then, just watch it come cleaner - bit by bit.
- Only one application! (except in extreme cases of heavy contamination)
- You can use it safely on ANY exterior surface because there is NO BLEACH in our product.
- NO BLEACH means an unlimited shelf life.
- Contains a special surfactant to give a more even dispersal. Helps product grip onto vertical surfaces.
How To Remove Lichen off a Glazed Clay Tile Roof
Using either 'Wet & Forget' or 'Rapid Application'
- Visually, section your roof off into areas.
- Spot spray the lichen within each section.
- Leave for 15-20 mins (while it is still damp)
- Then respray the lichen and the entire roof area of that particular section to ensure the lichen absorbs the Wet & Forget thoroughly.
- The first application is to dissolve the waxy surface. The 2nd spray will then penetrate into the roots and give you a much quicker result.
Tank Water - Take these Precautions:
- Disconnect the water supply to your tank for at least 2-3 weeks to avoid any chance of contamination.
- You need 36ml of rain or 6 heavy downpours before you reconnect.
- Check before reconnecting that the water is NOT foaming.