How To Remove Lichen off Your Roof
Use 'Wet & Forget' or 'Rapid Application'
Lichen damages the surface of your roof so don't waste time thinking about how to remove the lichen. Wet and Forget have 2 easy options to remove the unsightly lichen and protect your roof for improved longevity. Read on.
- Visually, section your roof off into areas and work to a pattern.
- Spot spray the lichen within each section.
- Leave for 15-20 mins (while it is still damp)
- Then respray the lichen and the entire roof area of that particular section to ensure the lichen absorbs the Wet & Forget thoroughly.
- The first application is to dissolve the waxy surface. The 2nd spray will then penetrate into the roots and give you a much quicker result.
Tank Water - Take these Precautions:
- Disconnect the water supply to your tank for at least 2-3 weeks to avoid any chance of contamination.
- You need 36ml of rain or 6 heavy downpours before you reconnect.
- Check before reconnecting that the water is NOT foaming.
How To Prevent Lichen from Growing Back: It's all about Maintenance!
Naturally, if there was some way of preventing the airborne lichen spores reaching the surface in the first place, that would save all the bothersome effort involved in cleaning. Luckily, there are two very effective strategies that can keep the lichen off any surface.
No matter how good any of these surfaces might be initially, and no matter how much was spent on quality materials, all exterior surfaces require some basic maintenance to keep them looking their best. Those who believe in the promise of 'maintenance-free' exteriors are dreamers. Maintenance keeps concrete, roofing, wood, decking etc in prime condition: The converse is true – a lack of maintenance allows these same surfaces to deteriorate.
Use Wet & Forget or Rapid Application as part of your annual cleaning programme as it will keep lichen at bay if used regularly.