How To Remove Lichen off Timber Surfaces
Use either 'Wet & Forget' or 'Rapid Application'
- Visually, section your area off.
- Spot spray the lichen within each section.
- Leave for 15-20 mins (while it is still damp)
- Then respray the lichen and the entire area of that particular section to ensure the lichen absorbs the Wet & Forget or Rapid Application thoroughly.
- The first application is to dissolve the waxy surface. The 2nd spray will then penetrate into the roots and give you a much quicker result.
How To Prevent Lichen from Growing Back: It's all about Maintenance!
Naturally, if there was some way of preventing the airborne lichen spores reaching the surface in the first place, that would save all the bothersome effort involved in cleaning. Luckily, there are two very effective strategies that can keep the lichen off any surface.
No matter how good any of these surfaces might be initially, and no matter how much was spent on quality materials, all exterior surfaces require some basic maintenance to keep them looking their best. Those who believe in the promise of 'maintenance-free' exteriors are dreamers. Maintenance keeps concrete, roofing, wood, decking etc in prime condition: The converse is true – a lack of maintenance allows these same surfaces to deteriorate.
- Use Wet & Forget or Rapid Application as part of your annual cleaning programme as it will keep lichen at bay if used regularly.
- Sealants for timber surfaces or decking - protect them by keeping it beneath an impenetrable transparent coating. As long as the sealant remains intact, the lichen will have nowhere to grow. Check Out Bone Dry