Hitman Organic Weed Killer (2L Concentrate or RTU)
Hitman is an incredibly fast, non selective weed killer, derived from plant fatty acids. Organic and totally natural. Get rid of those pesky weeds.
Be careful not to overspray. Protect your wanted plants.
How Does Hitman Work?
On contact, HITMAN Organic Weed Killer rapidly breaks down the cellwall, dehydrating the weed and causing rapid wilting – in most cases within 2 hours on hot sunny days. HITMAN Organic Weed Killer leaves no residue in the soil and can safely be used on weeds in vegetable plots or flower gardens to eradicate them.
What is the difference between Glyphosphate based products (like our Chopper Weed) and our Organic Hitman?
|Inorganic material with the active ingredient being glyphosate||Natural organic product made from plant derived, fatty acids|
|Systemic (travels to the root system)||Non systemic|
|Many people have allergies to glyphosates||Non reactive for people|
|Damages insects & microbes in the soil||Totally safe to use|
|Shelf life – limited when mixed||Unlimited shelf life mixed or unmixed|
|Results are very slow which makes it difficult to tell if you’ve missed anything||Results are fast!! It has a 2 hour knock down time!! You know exactly where you’ve been|
Is Hitman compatible with Wet and Forget?You can use a mixture of Wet and Forget & Hitman at their normal individual dilutions. These 2 products have been formulated to be compatible. Other product combinations are incompatible and may render the Wet and Forget or Hitman to be useless.
Is Hitman safe with the weeds in a duck pond?Hitman is no good on the weed in duck ponds as the foliage needs to be dry for it to be effective.
How do I apply Hitman?You need to spray and get a thorough coverage of the foliage Warm or hot dry days are the best when the foliage is dry For well established weeds a second application 7-14 days after the first may be required if any new growth appears. If some weeds don’t appear to have died it will be because there wasn’t total coverage. It’s not systemic which means that if you don’t get a full coverage of the foliage, you won’t get a good kill. Well established weeds may, after a week or two have some regrowth from pre-emerging leaves popping through the soil, but a second hit will rectify the problem.
How does Hitman it work on grass and lawns?Spot spray the weeds just as you would with a normal weedkiller. Hitman is not selective so it will damage grass if you “blanket” spray it. Hitman is not suitable for killing a lawn for replanting. Hitman targets broad leafed weeds rather than blades of grass so we suggest you use a glyphosate type spray to kill grass. With grasses such as Kikuya - it will burn it off where you want it to stop but it will come back, so you will need persistent spraying. Use Hitman in this instance as a boundary spray.
How does Hitman organic weedkiller work?On contact it rapidly breaks down the cell wall, dehydrating the weed and causing rapid wilting. This means the weed cannot photosynthesise and so it dies – in most cases within 2 hours on hot sunny days. It leaves no residue in the soil and can safely be used on vegetable plots or flower gardens
Is Hitman animal safe?Perfectly safe around animals. Just keep them away while it dries to prevent them wanting to lick it.
Is Hitman organic?Definitely. It’s made from plant derived, fatty acids. It is organic but not certified organic.
Is it safe if cows eat grass that has been sprayed with Hitman?Cows eating grass through the fence which has been sprayed with Hitman is not a problem
Will Hitman kill the moss between cobblestones?You are better to use a mixture of Wet &Forget + Hitman at their normal dilutions. These 2 products have been formulated to be compatible but this may not be true of other products.
Is it safe to use near ponds with fish in them?Not if it goes in the pond water. Fish breathe through their gills and are susceptible even to detergents.
Does Hitman have a 'rain fast' time?You need 4-5hrs without rain after application.
Is Hitman safe around citrus or other fruit trees?It is fine around the base of the trees as it is not systemic, but not near the foliage.
What are the benefits of Hitman?Organic - People today want products that are safer around the home Soil Health - It doesn’t destroy the friendly microbes in the soil which products like Round Up or other glyphosate based products do (glyphosate is the active ingredient in Round Up & related products) Time to take effect - It has a 2 hr knockdown time. That’s incredibly hard to beat! Endorsed - by Ruud Kleinpaste the gardening guru
What is Hitman’s shelf life?
It has an unlimited shelf life even when mixed ready for use
What is the hectare coverage for Hitman?
Use approx 14L Hitman concentrate on this area per hectare
What is the active ingredient in Hitman?Plant derived, fatty acids.
What is the coverage area?Impossible to estimate because of the variance of weed coverage and depth of foliage but each 2L container of concentrate makes up about 30L of product, so you do get good mileage out of it.
What is the dilution rate?Dilutes 70ml per litre - which is equivalent to a dilution of 14 to 1, so it goes for miles!!
Does Hitman have a residue?Sometimes, but very rarely, on some pavers, there can be a white residue left behind after your spraying. Don’t worry. This is very short term. Hitman is water soluable and this means that it will disappear easily with some rain/weathering.
Before & After
What Does It Kill?
What does Hitman kill?
Hitman deals to the same weeds that glyphosates kill such as broad leaf weeds, thistles, grasses etc
Great for weeds coming through cobblestones or paving. You must ensure a good coverage of all the foliage to get best results. If new shoots happen to come through they may need to hit it a second time. Application is best at the hottest time of the day to accelerate dehydration of the weeds.
- Agapanthus – No
- Bamboo – No
- Barley Grass – No as this is like a wheat
- Blackberry/Blueberry - No. They can be prickly vines and a major weed on pastures. Hitman doesn't do those huge perennial weeds
- Broom – No
- Buttercup/creeping buttercup - Repeat sprays will do quite a bit of damage to this plant.
- Clover Weed - Yes - It'll burn off but, it won't kill it permanently. This is a serious weed.
- Convolvulus - No. It’s another tough perennial vine. Leaves may burn off but it has great strength and resources - and will grow back.
- Cooch - Couch is too vigorous a grass to simply control by burning off with Hitman. Even with systemic products like Roundup it’s very hard work, requiring many applications to get on top of it!
- Dock – a perennial weed. Hitman will have a reasonable effect on dock as long as it receives two or three repeat sprays. It's a matter of exhausting the regeneration process as they can refurbish their leaves only a limited number of times.
- Ginger plant – will knock it back but it’s unlikely to affect the bulbous root.
- Gorse – Not unless it’s at its very young stage.
- Hydrocotyl - Yes.
- Ivy - No. No miracle cure spray that would knock it in one go. The best thing to do is cut it off just above ground level and smear the stumps (both the ones in the ground and the ones towards the air!) with "woody weed killer" or "ban vine"; which are both available from plant stores. You may need to do that a few times to get a reasonable amount of control.
- Jasmine – No. It is a tough beast that simply replaces the burned foliage with new shoots and leaves. Another problem with those long, tough vines is that you often can't spray it all as a lot of the leaves are totally hidden deep inside the thicket.
- Kikuya – yes. It will burn it off where you want it to stop but it will come back, so you will need persistent spraying. Use Hitman as a boundary spray.
- Ladder Fern – It burns the foliage but the bulbs will sprout. Needs persistent sprays.
- Liverwort – excellent on this.
- Onion weed – No. Will burn it but there will be regrowth. Difficult weed to control!
- Oxalis - Yes - It'll burn off but, it won't kill it permanently. This is a serious weed.
- Paspallum – yes.
- Penny Royal - No
- Ragwort – another perennial weed. Hitman will have a reasonable effect on ragwort as long as it receives two or three repeat sprays. It's a matter of exhausting the regeneration process as they can refurbish their leaves only a limited number of times.
- Wandering Willy/Dew – No. It’s a soft-leaved, dark green creeper that lives in dark, damp places and it would be difficult to capture all the leaves.
Hitman 2L Conc Organic Weedkiller. Get rid of pesky weeds with a 2 hr knockdown!
Endorsed By Ruud Kleinpaste
Hitman 2L Organic Concentrate (Twinpack)
Regular Price: $119.90
Special Price $110.00
2L Hitman Organic Weedkiller Conc x 2. Get rid of those unwanted weeds. Measuring cup in handle.
2L 'RTU' container. No mixing! No mess! Applicator gun stored inside the handle.
Chopper Weed 2L RTU for those tougher jobs. Glyphosate based so great weedkiller for lawns.
Chopper Weed 1L Concentrate for those tougher jobs. Glyphosate based. Works systemically.
Seafood Soup will fertilise/feed your plants. Loaded with trace elements
Seaweed Tea to boost your plant and soil health to help fight disease and pest attack
Seaweed Tea -Twinpack (Organic)
Regular Price: $89.90
Special Price $79.90
Seaweed Tea Twinpack. Save $$ & help nature to fight disease and pest attack.
Seafood Soup - Twinpack (Organic)
Regular Price: $89.90
Special Price $79.90
Seafood Soup Twinpack - the best fertiliser you'll ever need
Seafood Soup & Seaweed Tea (Organic)
Regular Price: $89.90
Special Price $79.90
Seafood Soup will fertilise/feed your plants and Seaweed Tea to boost the health of your plants